Followers

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Saving Your Blog from Apparent Death

A hearty hello to my fellow followers. I've seen multiple posts about this all day so I'm going to follow suit and spread the word so that more people can see it, if you haven't already. Apparently you must abide by certain AdSense policies, one of which is posting your own Privacy Policy that discloses information about cookies and other things. It is imperative, to add a privacy policy to your blog if you have not done so already. Not doing so, could put your blog in serious risk of being banned (Or yelled at, but the other thing is much worse).

If you want to know how you would go about creating such a policy, you can simply:

1. Open my Privacy Policy
2. Copy and paste it into somewhere (Notepad, or WordPad for the truly daring)
3. Remove my website URL and replace it with your one
4. Create a new post on your blog and paste it all in
5. Go to the post options at the bottom of the post window
6. Set the date and time to the date before your first post
 [Edit: I got a tip from a helpful follower Daan that putting the post date and time to 01-01-01/0:00 and disabling comments is the right way to do it.]

7. Submit the post.
8. Navigate to your Privacy Policy and copy the URL

You can then add a gadget, the "HTML/Javascript" gadget to be precise, and create a link to your privacy policy. If you're unsure how to create the link, simply follow this:
  
<a href="http://URL">TEXT</a>
Just paste the Privacy Policy URL into the URL space, and type some text where it says TEXT, something like Click Here or whatever.

That's all there is to it. If you do it right, you may have saved your blog from utter destruction. If you're wondering whether this is legit, this should answer some questions. I hope this informed someone who may have been confused by the sudden surge in these types of posts lately. If this is all  unnecessary or only applicable to people in the US or something, well dammit, but its better to be safe than sorry, am I right? Or am I correct? Ah, I knew you'd pick the right one. Take it easy guys, a new post with actual crap will be posted later on.

- Now that Bring_Napkin's has saved your blog, how about buying me a motorcycle or hiring me a ninja? I need them for...some...undisclosed reason.

25 comments:

  1. I added this to my blog yesterday. I have no idea if any of this is true but who knows, better safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the information! I used your policy with a link at the bottom of the page on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice save man i posted this last night for my followers as well don't want to see anyone get screwed ya know

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yikes, wow. I would have had no idea about this, this should have more disclosure by google. I will definitely be setting this up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was wondering why every1 was doing this

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow i sure was unaware. I hope my blog is veryfied soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow thanks for the info! I wasn't aware of this. You should be receiving your motorcycle in the mail in 4 days. The ninja will be overnight shipped from Japan tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i thought that was up too google to provide and not me. why is it up to me to provide copywrite info on something that google is responsible for,
    what are you thankful for?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for this post, I'd hate to get caught out on something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Better safe then sorry for sure. Thanks for the info

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've got my privacy set on another page on my blog under "Privacy" does this matter?

    ReplyDelete
  13. have anyone been yelled at or banned for this????

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome post! :) Following and supporting, keep it up!
    http://blazaimagenes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete